Saturday 1st August 2026

Three of us today with Alex, Dick and me with a task to clear the north siding at Toddington. 

After a fight with the undergrowth we managed to get the truck down to the distant signal and prepared for clearance when a team turned up to kindly remove the freight rake from the siding.

Once the freight cars were mostly removed Dick and Alex set to clearing the brambles from the track bed and I brushcut the growth back approx 1.5m for the siding up to the start of the wall.

Work finished about 1230 but it was still very hot.  Well done guys.

Lawrence 

Before

  

After




Comments

  1. I think any manual work in this heat deserves medals all round! I have just finished a garden project at home and I sweated blood as the rear garden is in full sun. Maby cups of coffee and dandelion & burdock later, I gave up for the day, and had a few beers to quench the thirst. For medical reasons, of course!!
    Regards, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will the America creep end? Freight Cars are in North America, whereas in UK the they are generally wagons, tanks, or vans, that form a freight train rake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I also believe we need an official heritage officer/manager to stop some of the rubbish modern items that are appearing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 7th March 2026

Saturday 4th July 2026

Saturday 23rd May 2026